Is it safe to eat wild mushrooms?

It’s never a good idea to eat wild mushrooms even if you have good information on the different types of mushrooms because it is not safe to eat wild mushrooms. The reason behind this is that it there are hundreds of different varieties of mushrooms, Some of them have very minor visual differences so it is very hard to sort between the good and the bad ones. Additionally, the mushrooms found in the wild might be contaminated even if you are pretty sure with the type of mushroom.

Keep Up with us we will now give you details on this topic.Is it safe to eat wild musroom

Unlock the potential of your garden with GreenhousePlanter – explore our PRODUCTS today!

Wild mushrooms can be found in many areas especially after the rainy season in the spring. There are hundreds of varieties of different mushrooms, many of these mushrooms are poisonous, eating these mushrooms can cause strong stomach ache and a few of the verities are so poisonous that they can even kill you. One of the most poisonous mushrooms is called “Amanita virosa”. This particular species is so dangerous that it is called to be “THE DEATH ANGLE”.

How can you tell the difference between edible and poisonous mushroom?

If you are not very experienced in mushroom identification you can’t tell the difference between an edible mushroom and a wild mushroom. Allot of the edible and poisonous and edible mushroom looks alike.

Is it really not safe?

Exactly, if you are not 100% sure of it then it is not safe to consume them. It is very important to instruct children and elder people not to eat any mushroom found in the wild or even in the garden If it has grown by itself. But it is safe to eat mushroom grow by the commercially available spawn in your garden because they are 100% tested and they are not the poisonous variety.

What are the symptoms of the mushroom poisoning?

Symptoms of mushrooms poisoning vary allot by the type of mushroom which has been consumed. Some of the mushrooms cause vomiting and diarrhoea, which will cause dehydration of the body. Whereas other will cause stomach ache, high blood pressure and headache. A few of them can even cause hallucinations and in worst cases even coma. Whereas the other varieties can damage the liver.

Keep In Touch by Subscribing our Newsletter!

safety tips for Consumption of Wild Mushrooms:

  • Don’t pick and eat wild mushrooms
  • Always use the commercially available mushrooms, it’s also safe if you spawn mushrooms in your own garden.
  • If you have some knowledge of mushrooms identification. Still, don’t eat them because you are not an expert and you are not 100% sure.
  • If you are away from the city don’t take a risk by eating a wild mushroom if you know about them because they might be contaminated by animal faeces.
  • Even non-poisonous mushroom can have a bad reaction on the people who are sensitive to them.

Contact poison control immediately in cases of an emergency. They will identify the exact type of mushroom which has been consumed and will call for the proper treatment. Rember your health is more important than anything don’t make a decision which will make you regret later.